Latest Artist :

Lingerie as Outerwear: Spot The Fever



It could be due to all the extreme media attention paid to Valentine’s Day or it could just be cabin fever setting in. It is February after all, the perfect time to be going a little stir crazy with the isolation that Winter tends to bring. Nevertheless, I think you’ll agree that the outfit I’ve put together for this week is more than a little aggressive.

Frankly, I blame the lingerie for starting it all. I look at the animal print panel running down the tummy of the Dirty Pretty Things Bodysuit and I can’t help myself. I just need to give a good “raorhh”. Even after my partner began complaining and I tried to hold it in... I was still “raorhing” in my head, except now I was doing the cat scratch hand motion just to annoy him (figuratively speaking of course, after all this was all occurring in my mind).

Yup, pretty safe to say that I’m one good ‘redrum’ short of a Shining moment. May as well indulge in it fully right? If we’re going to do this beautiful mesh and leopard print bodysuit justice, then it needs a severe-ish looking, naughty librarian, pencil skirt like this Hugo number to really set it off. Covering up the bra cups with a tie top cardigan keeps the look safe for leaving the house, but still lets you show off those black mesh panels and part of the exposed backing.

The McQueen boots are fabulous, fully laced up and with a militant heel to provide that bit of ‘oomph’ to punch the look up and really commit to the whole idea. C’mon, admit it... you really want to give a little “raorhhh” now don’t you?

The jewelry is over the top decadent and screams out for attention with bling on every corner and fragment and why shouldn’t it? Named after one of the greatest characters in literature, Miss Havisham, the ultimate queen bee of her domain (never mind that she was batcrap crazy), these jewels are more than just sparkle and shine, they’re in your face decadence.

Now I had to add in the Tarte smoky eyeliner and the Stila lip gloss because you just can’t do a sex kitten, Brigitte Bardot without either. Wouldn’t this outfit make you want to bust out of your hibernation and reclaim your social life? Me too! But only if I get to at least do the hand motion while I “raorhh”. Once? FINE.

1. Dirty Pretty Things Vivian Fluoro Bodysuit:This bodysuit is so versatile, it could sex up plain old jeans and trousers just as well as this skirt. The black mesh panels create an alluringly slimming silhouette and highlight the central animal print panel beautifully.

2. Tarte EmphasEYES:I love a smoky eye and am so pleased that the look has made a come-back on the style scene. Tarte cosmetics are devoted to using the most natural of ingredients and not including any of the yuckies! The pigments of this eyeliner give a solid line, that’s waterproof and oil absorbing too. What more could you ask for?

3. Ca’Vagan Cardigan: This silk/cashmere blend, knit cardigan has a front closure that will only just conceal the bra style top of the bodysuit but falls away to show off everything else. The cropped nature of the cardigan’s hemline reveals the high waist of the skirt and works with the tall black boots to frame the skirt and bodysuit as the focal points of the outfit.

4. Alexander McQueen Lace Up Boots: Have you noticed that I’m always drawn to the lace up boots? I don’t know why, but they always look so lovely with all of these outfits, I just can’t help myself. These ones are no different. They will only just brush up against the hemline of the long line pencil skirt and create that covered, yet so very sexy look that we’re going for. The metallic accents on the boots will pick up the clasp on the skirt and your many points of bling to give the look a cohesive edge.

5. Hugo Dark Beige A Line Cotton Skirt: This skirt can look as sexy or as proper as you choose. However, with the addition of the Dirty Pretty Things bodysuit, it’s a pretty safe bet that we’re going for sexy here! The high waist of the skirt gives a structured and restrained look and keeps the lingerie in check.

6. Alexis Bittar Gunmetal Imitation Grey Quartz Earrings: These earrings are simply amazing! I think Alexis has outdone herself with this collection and you may notice that I’ve chosen all of our jewelry today from her. What can I say, when the lady’s right, she’s right!

7. Alexis Bittar Miss Havisham Drusy Droplet Ring:This ring is more than a statement, it’s epic. The dark colors and insistently blinding shine will have you swatting your hand in that annoying cat scratch hand movement that would torment my husband to no end, if he knew I was still doing it.

8. Stila Silk Shimmer Gloss: We can’t let the jewelry do all the shimmering, so Stila is helping your lips to keep up! You could easily go for a bold and brash lip color for this outfit, but I like the subtle shine and pout that an almost clear gloss will bring. No need to over do it after all.

9. Best of Miss Peggy Lee:Fevah! Peggy Lee belts out the song that was running through my head as I created our lingerie as outerwear outfit for this week. Her perfect timing and sensually dusky voice can be your anthem as you strut along in your mile high boots with your super shiny jewels dangling every which way. Just try not to look too Jessica Rabbit while you do, otherwise people are going to know you’re going all karaoke in your head.

10. Alexis Bittar Crystal Encrusted Pool Ring:This pool ring of crystals is the perfect accompaniment to the super long necklace. Whereas the necklace features a restraint with it’s use of jewels and pearls, the ring goes for an over-abundance that will glint and gleam all night long.

11. Alexis Bittar “Miss Havisham” Long Station Necklace:Since our cardigan will be tied at the bustline, I would recommend that you double up this luscious necklace to properly highlight your collar bones and chest. One loop can be close to your neck like a choker, whereas the other loop can dangle a bit lower and draw the eyes downwards to your decolletage.

Using lingerie as outerwear generally involves quite a bit of restraint and subtlety. I wasn’t channeling that principal today and am wholeheartedly endorsing a full-on, over the top, sexed up look for once. There’s nothing showing that shouldn’t be, but it’s a fabulously fun outfit and I would appreciate very much if you would take it out on the town and show it a good time while I continue to annoy the heck out of my hubby with continued, well placed “raorhhhhs” and cat hands. You’d think he would enjoy the change from my usual over-reliance on jazz hands....sheesh, clearly he has cabin fever!

Cheers,

Maggie (Blog Contributor for Bella Bella Boutique)

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and RSS.
Shop with us at BellaBellaBoutique.com
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Photography Gallery - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger